Wet Paint Nail Glaze System Pastel

Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Hi dear reader!

Today I want to show you something I never heard of: the Wet Paint Nail Glaze System. I own the pastel 6 pack but there is also a bold set available. Basically the Wet Paint Nail Glaze System is about creating different colours using different base colours and different glaze colours. In the 6 pack I own there are three base colours and three glaze colours.

Bases Wet Paint Pastel

Wet Paint Pastel Bases

The first base in the picture is Inspire, a pastel pink creme. Then we have our pastel orange creme called Innocence and Immortal, a pastel tangerine creme. The base colours are very pigmented but everytime I put on one coat I had a few bald spots and had to use two coats. The formula is good: not too thick or too thin. They dry really fast, faster than most polishes I own.

Glazes Wet Paint Pastel

Wet Paint Pastel Glazes

The baby pink creme on the left is Affection. We also have Desire, a pastel yellow creme and Karess, a pale blue creme. The glazes have a different formula: it's thinner and more watery. It's harder to work with these and you need to pay attention while painting your nails with them because they can be streaky. These also dry fast, a little slower than the bases, but still very quickly.

With these six colours you can create 18 different shades. In the package comes a colour chart that shows you which base and glaze to use for the desired colour. You pick your base and glaze colour and start polishing!

Wet Paint Nail Glaze System Pastel Nailwheel

The 18 colours of the Wet Paint Glaze System Pastel

For example: you want to try colour 14. The chart tells you to use Immortal as a base and layer it with two coats of Affection. It's an easy system. One thing though: the colours are very similar to each other. I see the difference but I think there could have been done more with the bases. Maybe trade the tangerine creme in for another colour so the outcomes won't be that close to each other. I do like the variety of pastels on the wheel.

Wet Paint Glaze Stystem Pastel

Innocence & Affection

This is the first swatch I have for you. The soft pink of Affection gives the orange a softer look which really appeals to me. This might be the first orange toned polish I'd wear!

Wet Paint Glaze System Pastel

Inspire & Karess (2x)

Karess makes Inspire a soft lavender with a hint of blue. I've used two coats of Karess on Inspire.

I think this is a great system. Playing with it was very fun and the outcome of some colours really surprised me. For this pack however I think you need to be mad about pastels - I can see that other people don't care about 4 shades of pastel pink or orange.

For us Dutchies the Wet Paint Nail Glaze System is available at Alice & Jo's where you can also find the Bold 6 pack and more. It costs €25 and they also ship internationally. For more info you can also check out Wet Paint.

This product was sent to me for a review.

26 comments:

ipeh ping said...

cute colors ><

JenJen said...

The colours are pretty but there are so many pastel cremes out there.
You really would have to be mad about pastels (or just mad?) to bother.

Susie said...

WOW so pretty. I especially love the second one. I'm nuts over anything lavender.
If interested, enter my giveaway. :) http://susies1955.blogspot.com/2010/06/please-enter-my-giveaway-o.html
Susie

Xtinaaj said...

These look cool! I'll have to try it out!

xXMonsterManiacXx said...

Wow ! Love them =] ! Especially since you can get 18 different looks out of 6 pastels ! Thats 3 different looks for every one polish =] !

Tassa said...

I love them! :)

you-nailed-it.blogspot.com said...

I just blogged about wet paint nail glaze, also to ask if someone owns it and to see if it works.
I see it does!

xx

http://you-nailed-it.blogspot.com/

Gwen Wijman said...

This is so funny!
Love the colours :)

lilynail said...

i love !!

Jackie S. said...

Wow! They look like candy taffy..sweet!

Michelle said...

I agree, the colours are all very soft and cute. :)

Michelle said...

True, there has been a pastel craze lately. I don't think you'd be just mad to bother, for a pastel freak this is really a fun 'toy'. Or maybe when you don't know what will be your first pastel polish, buy a pack haha!

Michelle said...

Thanks! :) Lavender is a great shade, like that as well.

Michelle said...

It is cool! :o)

Michelle said...

Yep, pretty darn funky isn't it? I really want to try out the Bold pack as well!

Michelle said...

:) x

Michelle said...

Haha, now you have the answer! :o) It does work and it's really fun to play with!

Michelle said...

Thanks Gwen!

Michelle said...

:D

Michelle said...

Haha they do look like candy, the colours reminded me of marshmellows :)

xnosugaraddedx said...

oh wow!! so so cool!! :D

Michelle said...

Thanks :)

milan and vanaily said...

Oh, I've never seen this brand before. such cute pastels! :)

http://milanandvanaily.blogspot.com/

NailFan22 said...

The bold kit is really great! I love the colors I can make out of it. In fact, the combinations are endless. I don't even have to buy any new bottles of color for fall or winter 2010 because they're all in the bold kit!

cultdiva said...

Hi, your link has been added to the facebook wet paint page.
Thanks
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=33971903682

Ladyofthelaake said...

I have ordered those nail polishes after checking what I could find about them on the internet and I found your blog, and until I get my package I can't help coming here and staring at your pictures... they are sooooooooo sweet!!
Thank you for such a nice post, and for your pictures, I think I'll have to come back again and again... and another time again to tell you what I think of them ^^
Have a great day!

Post a Comment

© The Lacquer Files | Disclaimer | Want to use my content? Email me first!

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.